Thursday, June 19, 2008

Another Book Come!



Assalamualaikum,

I’ve just received another new book for me to read yesterday entitled ‘Saladin and The Fall of the Kingdom of Jurusalem’ written by Stanley Lane-Poole. Actually, I’ve not yet finished the books that I’d bought last time. Haha… another two very thick books to be accurate. Let me explain briefly about this book anyway.

This work first published in 1898 has become almost an authoritative account of the era of the Crusades and the life of one of Muslim world's best known leaders, Salahuddin al-Ayyubi, or Saladin. The author's objective and unbiassed research on Saladin, as well as extensive consultation of books by Muslim and European historians on the subjects, makes the book one of the best sources on the Crusades even more than a hundred years after its first edition. This edition is the first time it has been subject to typographical revision and updates so that contemporary readers may be able to identify the names of persons and places as it is currently known.

So, that’s why I was really eager to buy this book. It is because I’ve none of the authentic and reliable sources on Saladin, the most influential and powerful Muslim leader since the era of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. Since I’ve the money, why not I use it to buy this book? It’s just cost me around RM40. For the best source of Islamic history, RM40 is just too cheap.

Well, I highly recommend you this book for its facts accuracy and reliability. Wassalam.


Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Another Book Come!"

Post a Comment