Friday, April 23, 2010

Memory of TEC X

Assalamualaikum wbt

Alhamdulillah, praised be to Allah that we’ve successfully finished TEC X, the most memorable TEC ever organized hopefully. This year, based on raw statistic, TEC X had received more than 6000 visitors’ inclusive students from other IPTs and school students. Again, another milestone created. Congratulations!

It was a totally exciting experience leading and working with this team for approximately 5 months. It was my first time entrusted by MPP as the Project Manager. To tell you the truth, I never want to be there. When I know Abg Amir Hamzah and Anas (PMs for TEC08 and TEC09), I never believe that I’m capable to get through their path. Seriously. For those who are not UTP students, even though this is not a hot MPP Post, UTPians really want to know who are CONVOFAIR and TEC Project Manager because these are two biggest and most-awaited events in UTP. Including me I guess, haha. I always curious who’s going to be the Project Manager for these two events. So, you can expect that people holding these two posts are at par with MPP as ‘public figures’.

Well, I hate to hold such position. I really mean it. I just like to work.. without my name and pictures appear nowhere. And suddenly people ask me to hold such thing. Can you imagine? It’s too heavy. There were a few conflicts at the beginning. Of course I can’t open the story here. In the end, I accept it reluctantly. But I know that I have to be positive and when we accept certain responsibility, definitely we should be aware of a hadith:

Whenever God makes a man responsible for other people, whether in greater or lesser numbers, he will be questioned as to whether he ruled his charges in accordance with God’s decrees or not. And that will not be all. God will question him even about his family members.
Source: Ibn Hanbal, on the authority of ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar.

Plus, we should be inspired of this verse from Al-Quran:

“Go ye forth, (whether equipped) lightly or heavily, and strive and struggle, with your goods and your persons, in the cause of Allah. That is best for you, if ye (but) knew.” (At-Taubah: 41)

To begin this event is not that easy. Unexpected ‘burden’ fell to my head. I shouldn’t reveal it here. But I’m glad that this team is actually managed to overturn that ‘burden’ considering most of them are still green.  We were quite disappointed at first because we couldn’t get a team with skill and experience as good as previous TEC. The only choice left is to develop one which is much tougher. You can ask the committee how tough it is… haha… Alhamdulillah, the result is AWESOME!!

I’m sorry that I can’t write much. Time is hunting me here and there. I just want to congratulate all the committees for their hard effort to make this event a success. Yes, it is a success and will be the most memorable one so far. The memory with all of you will remain in my heart forever insyaAllah. Good luck to all of you. I think this will be my last event in UTP hopefully. Going to AMD Penang this June for my 8 months internship programme. Gonna miss you like crazy. =)

Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

2 comments: on "Memory of TEC X"

Anonymous said...

Byknye x leh reveal...kikiki..gonna miss like crazy?..wakaka...
x pe, gaji pertama boss..kami semue turun penang..hak3

Post a Comment